An application to provide insights into the operations of Power Generation machines.
Note: Details masked due to client confidentiality. Application screenshots are baseline samples and not from the actual application.
Key Solution Components:
- Multi-tenant architecture
- Single Sign On Authentication (SSO)
- Social components, Roles, Groups
- Near real-time, large volume, distributed datasets (RIAK)
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Responsive user interface, Mobile optimized
- Interactive charts (Highcharts API)
- Integrated with other ecosystem applications
- Full text search
Technologies: Backbone.js, Require.js, Bootstrap, Coffee Script, Spring MVC, JPA, Riak
Summary: The customer, a leader in the Energy domain, needed an application that would provide their end users with a window into Operations of their power generation machines. The App needed a responsive UI on mobile devices that had to work well with other applications in their ecosystem. This app has several social features like Post, Comment, Follow, etc. based on different roles of the user. The Analytics included a provision to show machine data from a Historian perspective in a visual format for the user to manipulate. It has SSO (single sign on) based authentication along with a multi-tenant architecture and a full text search.
Client: A Fortune 10 company in power generation equipment manufacturing space